Click to have your configured email client pop up a window so you can send a message to the VLSCI Help Tracking System
If the computer you are using does not have a configured email client or you prefer to start it yourself, you can construct, using your preferred method, an email and send it to email@example.com
In either case, its worthwhile considering some suggestions about what should be included in the message, see below.
Tips for using the Help Tracking System
As this one Help Tracking System covers a very wide range of services provided by VLSCI, not all of these things will apply to your specific request. This list is particularly focused on technical problems relating to using the super computers, but don't let that stop you from using the system for other, non technical matters.
- Can you identify the particular machine you are experiencing the problem with ? Possibly Bruce, Merri or Avoca.
- A copy and paste of any error message you see on screen is often helpful.
- An outline of what you were doing, or trying to do when the problem happened may put the issue in context.
Other sources of help
- User Portal - (if you have an account at VLSCI) change your account settings, submit reports, view usage and more.
- Software - VLSCI offers a wide range of software on its systems. Details are available on our Software List.
- Connecting to VLSCI - VLSCI has documentation for common tasks to do with logging on and using our clusters.
- Technical Documentation - these is some helpful information on using VLSCI's systems under Documentation
- Telephone - you may, of course, phone us from any of the numbers listed on our Contacts Page.
- In Person - you are more than welcome to drop in and have a chat or to really drill down on a particular problem. Generally a good idea to phone or email to check availability first. Similarly, we can call in on you if that's useful too.